Starfish Junction Productions
226 North Fehr Way
Bay Shore, NY 11706
Phone: (631) 940-7290
Fax: (631) 940-7289
Marketing & Media
Want To Join The Team?
This position is responsible for the coordination of various logistics for an event. Additionally, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of varying marketing and public relations plans for events. The right candidate for this position will be great at multi-tasking, have a strong organizational skills and the perseverance to accomplish responsibilities as they are assigned. The Event Logistics & Sales Coordinator will foster relationships with clients, vendors, and volunteers and may manage contract negotiations and sales.
This position reports to the Director of Event Production & Sales.
• Perform planning, implementation and follow-up for various events
• Manage all aspects of volunteer communication and database management including recruitment, confirmations, supervision and acknowledgment
• Coordinate event logistics and publicity including public relations, advertising, material design, production and print distribution
• Collaborate with the Director of Event Production & Sales in the development of local market tactics to drive event awareness and participation
• Cultivate and expand event databases
• Update marketing materials (including website, poster, promotional cards, etc.)
• Implement social media calendar and update social media sites as necessary for events
• Coordinate event logistics including event supply inventory, ordering, and packing
• Work with event contractors/vendors to maintain direct contact, coordinate contracts and provide accurate needs (i.e. hotel arrangements, “deal” arrangements, insurance, etc.)
• Conduct post-event evaluations and recommend improvements, and keep written record on file for future planning purposes
• Prepare and send timely communications such as “save the date,” “thank you,” etc.
• Direct event seminars including coordinating speakers, supplies and attendees
• Assist in development and implementation of marketing plans and materials
• Write and submit press releases and stories to the media, and follow-up to ensure placement
• Develop contacts and relationships with media representatives to create opportunities for keeping the company and its events, products and services in front of public and trade
• Responsible for article development for various e-newsletters
• Pack and unpack event truck as needed to and from events
• Warehouse inventory management
• Liaise between the local associations/organizations and Starfish Junction Productions as directed
• When appropriate, represent Starfish Junction at events (i.e. beer dinner, product showcase, etc.)
• Other projects and duties as assigned
• One year experience preferred in events, marketing, public relations, sales or similar field
• Evidence of strong work ethic and professionalism with experience in relationship/business development
• Graduation from a 4-year college/university is preferred. A 2-year degree with related work experience is required. • Studies in communication, marketing and/or public relations are desirable.
• Commitment to work extended evenings and weekends with willingness to travel
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be:
• Fluent in all Microsoft Office programs (especially Excel and Word)
• Able to read, analyze and interpret documents such as contracts
• A creative and technical writer – able to write a business letter, article and press release
• Able to define problems and solve them to manage results in stressful situations
• Able to work without direct supervision and demonstrate a high level of initiative
• Energetic, enthusiastic, creative and forward-thinking with a positive attitude
• Savvy in social media
• A self-starter, inspired by ideas but team oriented, that is highly-motivated, results driven and takes initiative
• Strong communication skills – comfortable and competent in pitching business; able to build relationships; able to articulate ideas easily, capture others’ ideas and express self clearly
• Strong organizational skills – goal and deadline oriented
• Must be flexible and solution-oriented with excellent time management skills, and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally lift and/or move between 25-45 pounds requiring some heavy lifting. Employee may help with set-up and breakdown of event including but not limited to tables and chairs. This position will require long periods of time standing/working on feet during event execution.
Work Environment: Employee must be comfortable in a small office environment. A normal work week consists of 40-45 hours, but may commonly require long hours including early morning or evening hours. Weekend hours are required at all Starfish Junction produced events and select Starfish Junction contracted events (including but not limited to events where employee may be representing Starfish Junction). Employee may be asked to attend events which are not produced by Starfish Junction to network and/or staff display table promoting upcoming events.
Hours & Compensation:
Salaried full-time position. Compensation based on experience and qualifications. Opportunity for commission based on new business brought into the company. Benefits available after employee probationary period.
Send your resume with a cover letter briefly explaining what makes you the best candidate for the position to Kristyn@StarfishJunction.com with the subject line “Event Logistics & Sales Coordinator.”
Starfish Junction Productions is looking for a Sales Associate to sell merchandise at our events! As an ideal candidate you must be 21 years or older, have strong communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team. Previous retail and/or customer service experience is a plus, but not required. You must also be able to commit to our scheduled events during the weekends throughout the year (will be provided in advance).
The right candidate would also possess the following skills:
• Be able to greet customers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner using agreed upon procedures.
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Merchandising experience a plus
• Traveling may be required within the Tri-State area.
• Knowledge of basic computer/tablet operations.
• Dependable with proficient attention to detail.
• Must be flexible with the ability to adapt to changes quickly and think conceptually.
• Inventory Management
Hours & Compensation:
Employee will be paid hourly. Hours are event driven, not on a weekly basis.
Interested candidates should send your resume with a cover letter explaining why you would like this position and what makes you the best candidate to: BrianT@StarfishJunction.com
A Creative Services intern is needed to help assist the Creative Services Manager with any and all projects related to Graphic Design. This will include maintaining websites, creating marketing materials and updating current marketing materials.
The right candidate must possess:
• Excellent creative design skills for direct marketing/collateral materials, print ads, logos, website design & maintenance
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Must be very well organizational and have the ability to multi-task on various projects
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy is a must
• Must be flexible and be able to meet deadlines and perform well on time-sensitive projects
• Ability to work as a team player
• Must have fresh creative ideas, ability, and desire
• Reports to Creative Services Manager
Hours & Compensation:
8+ hours per week, preferable twice a week. The position is unpaid. Able to work for college credit if school offers intern for credit program. (Students to inquire with advisor for more information.)
Interested candidates should send your resume and portfolio with a cover letter explaining why you would like this position and what makes you the best candidate to: BrianT@StarfishJunction.com
Direct, manage and implement design and production of multi-channel event marketing programs. Our company culture is unique. We’re looking for someone who enjoys the benefits of a small company and a casual environment while being focused on hard work and over-the-top results. We’re looking for self-starters with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. An open, creative mind is essential with us. If you have a pioneering spirit, this internship is great for you!
• Creating mailing lists and managing database files
• Developing concepts for event marketing and participating in new market research and design
• Assisting with managing and designing mixed-media promotions
• Assisting with overseeing planning and promotion of events (including discussing and developing the marketing calendar and timeline for a specific event)
• Assisting with implementing public relations programs, online promotions and trade shows (including writing press releases, editing event calendars, writing newsletter articles and conducting online event promotions)
• Developing ideas and opportunities for feature articles, interviews, presentations and other public relation activities that promote awareness of the company and its events, products, and services
• Coordinating various marketing fulfillment duties and systems including email, direct mail, packages, letters, catalogs and other sales literature
• Developing contacts and relationships with media representatives to create opportunities for keeping the company and its events, products and services in front of public and trade
• Creating and developing social media campaigns
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
• Previous internship or work related experience in marketing and events is a plus
• Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing and Excel a must)
• An effective communicator, both written and oral
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and business contacts
• Self-motivated leader with good organizational skills that is detail-orientated and has the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
Hours & Compensation:
This position will be based at our Long Island office located at 226 North Fehr Way, Bay Shore, NY 11706. A minimum of 8+ hours/week (preferably twice a week) is required. This position is unpaid.
Send a resume with a cover letter explaining why you would like this position and what makes you the best candidate for the position to: Kristyn@StarfishJunction.com