Starfish Junction Productions
226 North Fehr Way
Bay Shore, NY 11706
Phone: (631) 940-7290
Fax: (631) 940-7289
Marketing & Media
Want To Join The Team?
Starfish Junction Productions is looking for a Sales Associate to sell merchandise at our events! As an ideal candidate you must be 21 years or older, have strong communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team. Previous retail and/or customer service experience is a plus, but not required. You must also be able to commit to our scheduled events during the weekends throughout the year (will be provided in advance).
The right candidate would also possess the following skills:
• Be able to greet customers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner using agreed upon procedures.
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Merchandising experience a plus
• Traveling may be required within the Tri-State area.
• Knowledge of basic computer/tablet operations.
• Dependable with proficient attention to detail.
• Must be flexible with the ability to adapt to changes quickly and think conceptually.
• Inventory Management
Hours & Compensation:
Employee will be paid hourly. Hours are event driven, not on a weekly basis.
Interested candidates should send your resume with a cover letter explaining why you would like this position and what makes you the best candidate to: BrianT@StarfishJunction.com
A Junior Graphic Designer is needed to help assist the Creative Services Manager with any and all projects related to Graphic Design. This will include maintaining websites, creating marketing materials and updating current marketing materials.
The right candidate must possess:
• Excellent creative design skills for direct marketing/collateral materials, print ads, logos, website design & maintenance
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Must be very well organizational and have the ability to multi-task on various projects
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy is a must
• Must be flexible and be able to meet deadlines and perform well on time-sensitive projects
• Ability to work as a team player
• Must have fresh creative ideas, ability, and desire
Job duties will include:
• Maintain beer events and festival/expo websites
• Collaborate with marketing team to create and administer email marketing and media campaigns
• Creation and setup of bi-weekly beer event emails
• Assist Creative Department with festival materials. This can include signs, banners, tee shirts, lanyards, etc
• Assist Creative Department with post event duties. This can include returning signs/banners back to its place, inventory of signs, banners and tee shirts.
• Work at festivals on event day setup. This is not mandatory and candidate would be paid a flat event day rate. Event day duties can include but are not limited to:
Processing festival attendees
Hanging appropriate signage
Helping at the festival merchandise booth
Performs other duties as required or apparent
Hours & Compensation:
12+ hours per week, preferably two days a week.
Interested candidates should send your resume and portfolio with a cover letter explaining why you would like this position and what makes you the best candidate to: BrianT@StarfishJunction.com
Direct, manage and implement design and production of multi-channel event marketing programs. Our company culture is unique. We’re looking for someone who enjoys the benefits of a small company and a casual environment while being focused on hard work and over-the-top results. We’re looking for self-starters with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. An open, creative mind is essential with us. If you have a pioneering spirit, this internship is great for you!
• Creating mailing lists and managing database files
• Developing concepts for event marketing and participating in new market research and design
• Assisting with managing and designing mixed-media promotions
• Assisting with overseeing planning and promotion of events (including discussing and developing the marketing calendar and timeline for a specific event)
• Assisting with implementing public relations programs, online promotions and trade shows (including writing press releases, editing event calendars, writing newsletter articles and conducting online event promotions)
• Developing ideas and opportunities for feature articles, interviews, presentations and other public relation activities that promote awareness of the company and its events, products, and services
• Coordinating various marketing fulfillment duties and systems including email, direct mail, packages, letters, catalogs and other sales literature
• Developing contacts and relationships with media representatives to create opportunities for keeping the company and its events, products and services in front of public and trade
• Creating and developing social media campaigns
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
• Previous internship or work related experience in marketing and events is a plus
• Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing and Excel a must)
• An effective communicator, both written and oral
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and business contacts
• Self-motivated leader with good organizational skills that is detail-orientated and has the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
Hours & Compensation:
This position will be based at our Long Island office located at 226 North Fehr Way, Bay Shore, NY 11706. A minimum of 8+ hours/week (preferably twice a week) is required. This position is unpaid.
Send a resume with a cover letter explaining why you would like this position and what makes you the best candidate for the position to: Kristyn@StarfishJunction.com